Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fabulous Farm Finds

I few months ago my wife and I went picking and my father in law's ranch.  We found many great things.  My wife stumbled upon the old water faucets that her dad had used and replaced though out the years.  They had a great patina on them but I did not have any idea how I could use them. 


My wife came up with an idea to re purpose them as a towel rack.  What a great idea.  After going to Lowe's and figuring out how to mount them the project took no time at all.  At least I thought.  Now I had to find an old piece of wood to place them on.  I could not find one but I did find some great Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain in Sunbleached. 

The stain gave my piece of wood the perfect shade of weathered I was looking for.  I attached the faucets and hung it on the wall.  



The towel rack looks great in the Kids bathroom.  I would have never thought that simple old faucets would make a great piece. 

Thanks,

Rene 

aka "The Shabby Chico"

No comments:

Post a Comment