The next day I decided to strip the old stain and varnish off of it. Yeah it took a while but once I got to the bare wood I knew what a good piece this was.
I decided to try something new and got some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the color Graphite
So after a the first coat of chalk paint I was sold. This paint is awesome a little bit goes a long way. After 3 coats of chalk paint here is the product.
I then realized that I needed to put a good protective coat on top of the chalk paint. I decided against the suggested wax and went with Minwax Wipe On Poly instead. I did some research on the product and saw that other bloggers had used the wipe on poly on chalk paint.
After about 6 coats of wipe on poly here is the finished Desk. I distressed the desk in common areas that I knew probably would wear.
I hope you all enjoyed this redo. There will be many more to come.